Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Diamond // 6

Yesterday I spent the whole day trying to decide on the final layout for my Diamond quilt. I took the blocks downstairs to play around on the floor. Unintentionally when I had all the blocks in a tray a star appeared. That made me want to try out a layout featuring some stars. I spent a lot of time with that because who doesn't like stars, right? At the end however it didn't completely convince me. I'm having a hard time with these blocks. Each is a beautiful unit in itself and demands to shine. I'm trying to find a layout that underlines the individuality of each block. After seven hours of layout trials I think I have settled on a way to proceed. It's represented in the last picture. I took everything back to the design wall and I'm building on that now. It will change again during the way but I think I'm sticking to this basic layout. It reminds me of strings of diamonds hanging down.

Gestern habe ich den ganzen Tag nach einem Layout für mein quilt Diamond gesucht. Als ich die Blöcke von der Wand genommen und in ein Tablett gelegt habe, ist zufällig ein Stern entstanden. Das hat mich dazu verleitet, nach einem Layout mit Sternen zu suchen. Am Ende habe ich aber diese Idee wieder verworfen und mich meiner ursprünglichen Absicht erinnert. Jeder einzelne Block ist in sich schön und soll möglichst für sich stehen und nicht in einem übergeordneten Muster untergehen. Keine einfache Sache. Nach stundenlangem Probieren denke ich, dass ich einen Weg gefunden habe. Er ist im letzten Foto ersichtlich aber nur als Ausgangspunkt. Darauf baue ich jetzt auf. Das Bild erinnert mich an herabhängende aufgefädelte Diamanten.

Ieri ho trascorso la giornata a decidere quale disegno scegliere per i blocchi del mio quilt Diamond. Di sorpresa era apparso una stelle e ho fatto parecchi tentativi. Alla fine però ho deciso contro le stelle. Sarà per un altro quilt. Quì ogni blocco è bello in se stesso e sarebbe peccato affondarlo in un disegno soprastante. Dopo ore di tentativi penso di avere trovato la via da seguire. E rappresentata nella ultima foto ma solo come punto di partenza. Ora ci costruisco sopra. Il disegno mi ricorda fili di diamanti penzolanti.












No comments:

Post a Comment