Friday, June 17, 2016

Foulard II // 1

I've long started to work on Foulard II. I was so full of motivation that I jumped right into it without checking my fabrics. In fact I was so convinced I had a second bed sheet of the dark blue floral that I started to sew blocks with a concrete design idea in mind. Imagine my surprise when I found out that I was wrong.



I had to rethink my plans and for a short while I thought of introducing a third color. Simply because I had a third sheet of the same line. See those yellow blocks on the two sides? I quickly realised that this wasn't making any sense. It was only taking away from the good contrast of the dark and light blue.



I had to make do with what I had. Plus I wanted the quilt to be the same size as Foulard I. I had to find a way to place the 26 dark blue blocks in the most effective way. As usual there are a zillion possibilities. Some are easy to withdraw, some keep coming back asking for attention.
I am never completely sure if I'm making the best choice. Perhaps there isn't always a best one but several that work equally. Life is full of incertitudes and so seems to be designing.



The blocks are sewn. My choices made. I've stopped shifting them around and started to sew them together.



Full reveal coming up next.



No comments:

Post a Comment